Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: ETHICS FOIL DIRTY TRICK!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Phil D's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 27th, 2004
    Posts
    83
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cool

    I noticed there were some excellent free agents not in the draft when I first signed in. Fastracker told me we were waiting until after the draft to do free agents. Your point about whether these free agents could be added to the draft is a good one but it has to cut off somewhere I suppose

  2. #2
    Inactive Member dmbThoreau's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 14th, 2003
    Posts
    35
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My understanding is that we can pick any free agent - it's like an updated draft list essentially.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member TuringComplete's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2004
    Posts
    246
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sometimes I hate doing the right thing. [img]frown.gif[/img]

    It turns out that FA's not on the draft list are set to 0 days on waivers.

    It turns out that some of them are really good!

    I thought to myself, "Hey! I'll wait until just before games are run tonight, put bids on several of the better ones, and then watch everyone's surprise and anger tomorrow as I suddenly have a full team of ringers. (Who needs draft picks?)"

    Of course I wouldn't intend to keep them; that would be an unfair advantage. So I figured, "No harm, no foul." I'd just cut them when everyone noticed. However, I realized that by signing them I would know the potential and gaps of some of the best FA's -- so instead of having fun with my little discovery, I'm writing this.

    ANYWAY, we should probably have Scott bump the waivers on all the FA's to 54 days like the draft list and make it explicit that no one is allowed to sign any FA's in the interim.

    This does bring up a question: In drafting are we forced to pick just from the draft list or can we choose any FA? The tail end of the draft list kind of sucks. There's a pretty steep drop after about 115. I suppose there's a gameplay argument either way, but it would make more sense to me that we could pick anyone on the FA list for the draft.

    IN CONCLUSION, everyone (well at least those with teams) go check out the additional FA's. Just use your browser's "Find in this page" tool and search for "[0]"

  4. #4
    Inactive Member King Z-ster's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 18th, 2002
    Posts
    221
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Is that true?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •